Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Talk about a lazy day! Last night, I went to see The Change Up with my friend and her older brother. I was apprehensive at first because I watched the trailer and one of the main points in the story line was the fact that one of the main characters was a 'family man,' complete with a set of 15-month old twins, so I wasn't sure if I was completely on board to sit through it...but it ended up being pretty funny. (if you enjoy meaningless, crude humor, which I do from time to time). Anyways, it was a late movie and I didn't get to sleep until after 2 a.m., so I took advantage of the  fact that I had no homework to do today and stayed in bed until well after eleven. I haven't done that in a while, so it was nice. I woke up to rain pounding against my window and my backyard looking like a rain forest...
But I enjoy the rain every now and then. Lately the sun and all of the happiness has been making me irritable, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. So this weather is actually a nice break. It gives me a more justifiable excuse to lay in bed all day, curled up under a blanket with my laptop and a few good DVDs, and my little Lily of course.
Oh, I did do one thing today. I decided to switch purses! Cleaning those out is always a treat. They start out perfectly compartmentalized and organized and I solemnly swear to keep them that way, but within a week or so, everything is strewn about and nothing can be found when it needs to be! But look what I DID come across...
...the evil birth control. It was a slap in the face, to say the least. The bag I found it in must have been the one I had with me at the doctors the day I found out I was pregnant. I found out on a Tuesday...and that's also the night I stopped taking it. I haven't laid eyes on that white plastic case or those mint-green pills in forever. (side note: I'm not posting this to advertise the brand of the pills or to give them a bad name. Yes, I did take them religiously at 8:00 each night, and still found myself pregnant, but that's not the point of the picture). It's strange...I used to look at those pills as a way to prevent having a baby, but now I see them as things that "should have" stopped my little girl from being here, and I am actually really glad that they didn't.

Hopefully someday soon I'll get some more pictures of my little princess!

3 comments:

  1. you can keep a purse organized for a week? wow, mine goes to crap in a day....lol

    I think you'll find that watching movies about families will become easier to do as time goes on. You will probably still have times when it is hard, but those won't be as frequent. I still have those days, and it's been 2 1/2 years...

    I guess the thing about birth control is if she was meant to be here, then nothing was going to stop her from coming, not even some pills...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yikes.........I have the same story. Birth control is not 100% effective. I know many friends whose mothers (30 years ago) have the same story, and in this modern day age you would think they are foolproof, but um, no, it isn't. Weird reminder, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie was HYSTERICAL! I was on the fence about seeing it at first too cause I thought it looked stupid...wrong!

    ReplyDelete