Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The morning "News"

I'm sitting here wondering why the News isn't called "The Bad News." We could have a weather channel, a traffic channel, and a BAD news channel. All you ever hear is bad, sad, sometimes devastating news. A hurricane, a flood, a murder, a robbery, a fire...I know the world isn't all sunshine and sparkles (and neither is life, and I am finally realizing the weight of that statement), but every time I watch or read the news, I wonder why I did in the first place. I was hesitant to post this link, because it is so gruesome and heart-wrenching, but I figured those who don't want to, don't need to click on it.

It absolutely disgusts me. I cannot imagine how that little boys mother felt, coming home to see that. I just can't even begin to comprehend it.

Stories like that make me wonder why I thought I wouldn't have been the best damn parent in the universe. I know I would have been a good mom, that wasn't a question. I may have thought I wasn't ready to be a mom, but as time goes on, I realize that I was ready to become a mom because even before she was born, I knew I needed to put her before myself. That's what makes a good parent. If only we lived in a perfect world where kids only needed love! This news article made me feel sick in the pit of my stomach. How does one take their own child's life? It's pitiful. I'd like to say that the poor boy is better off now, away from his psychotic "father," but that's just an empty condolence...what happened to that boy is unfair and disgusting. And I hope his father never sees the light of day again unless it's through a tiny barred window inside of an electrocuted fence.

3 comments:

  1. It made me sick! Seriously! I just can't get over the fact. I know people kill everyday, but come on.. he was so helpless. Children are so helpless. It always kills me to find out about something like this.

    And you are so right about the news!! I try to NOT watch or READ it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that too and was horrified this morning. There is no excuse for that, at all. He sounded like a special and loving little boy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stomach the news half the time :(

    ReplyDelete